Hinohara village's ancient history footsteps
  revealed by the place names.

    Hinohara village was progressed region
    in Kanto region in Japan more than 1000 years ago.
《 For many maps, it may takes a little time to switch the screen. 》
guide: Komakitsu Okabe
Top Page Prince Tamesada Surrender Village People Mysteries Contact Us

  Reference No.1.  Person vs Shrine vs Temple.

The relationship between the Persons, the Shrines, the Temples guided by Mr. Komakitsu Okabe can be summarized as follows:

According to "History Research of Hinohara village No.3" issued the Board of Education Hinohara-village on March 31, 1928, there are more than 80 shrines in Hinohara village. What are guided by Mr. Komakitsu Okabe this time are part of them.

NO. Person Shrine Its description Cemetery Its description

Prince Tamesada (為定王子) Yasaka Shrine (八坂神社)

Then after, imperial goverment ordered to prepare Yasaka Shrine.
 To the page

This was because not an ordinary soldier, but Prince Tamesada (為定王子) seems to be buried.
 To the page

Sengen ridge(浅間尾根)

it is the Crista where Prince Tamesada was buried in the Heian era
 To the page

When Prince Tamesada (為定王子) died and buried in Sengen (浅間) near Koiwa (小岩), all people of the village followed through to the mountainside with sadness and said goodby. To the page

Prince Tamesada (為定王子) Gozen Suzu Shrine

The mountain which are seen in front of the place where the prince buried was named "Gozen yama" (御前山) (= the mountain before the Prince) . The place called "Yukubo" became the entrance to the mountain, and a stone shrine was prepared there and named "Gozen-Suzu-Jinja".
 To the page


Ujishige Hirayama (平山氏重) Goryo Shrine (御陵神社)

After the death of Ujishige Hirayama, villagers (of Senzoku area) built a shrine as Hinohara Village's imperial tomb with the strong worship toward Ujishige Hirayama. The shrine exists even now.
 To the page


He is said to have been buried in the cemetery in Senzoku (千足) after his death.
 To the page

Kenmotsu Yokochi
the shrine which was popular as there were merits

Next year (in 1591), when the war ended and peace came with Toyotomi's world, Kenmotsu visited Atsuta Shrine in Nagoya with Ujihisa (氏久). It was for inviting the spiritual symbol from Atsuta Shrine to worship at Myoga-daira near Shiraya (白矢).
 To the page

Because Kenmotsu Yokochi taught about life and how to live to the pilgrims who came to the shrine, the shrine became popular to the countryside around the shrine as there were merits.
 To the page

the west of Ogochi Pass

Because of the Kenmotsu Yokochi's testament to hope to be buried at the place where Lake Ogochi can be seen to avoid annoying people of Hinohara, his tomb is located at the west of Ogochi Pass.
 To the page

Daizen Akai
Akaizawa Shrine

The both rocks are called Kanoto-iwa (God entrance rocks). The upstream of Kanoto-iwa is called Akaizawa (赤井沢), and Akaizawa Shrine is enshrined at the upstream of the river.  There is a story that a samurai doctor named Daizen Akaizawa lived there to grow herbs.
 To the page


People who was chief of the Tachibana tribe Zao Gongen (座生権現)

Zao Gongen (a god) was enshrined at the place through Kanoto-iwa by the Yamato military settlers who came to this land in Nara Era. And the head of the Tachibana family who settled the land in the Nara Era, have a responsibility to the faith.
 To the page

This chief changed to Tachibana family at Yawari in Nakazato in Muromachi Era. Even today, people of Yawari becomes chief of the shrine, and continues the festival.
 To the page


Mr. Sakamoto (坂本氏) Mt. Usuki

At one point, Mr. Sakamoto offered that he was told from the god enshrined near the south river over three days and nights, "Move in a high place because now place is noisy with the sound of the hooves of horses". And the god was enshrined in a high place away from traffic.
 To the page

Mr. Sakamoto moved the enshrined "Eleven-Facies God" (十一面観音) to the top of Mt. Usuki (臼杵山) with hefty young men.

His subordinate was in the position of gatekeeper of the climbing road to the summit at Sasadaira (笹平). The subordinate's family name was Sasaki. The site where there was the old shirine is called "Miyanosawa" (= river with a shrine) even now.
 To the page


the lord of Hinohara castle, Hirayama Saumanokami Sueshige (平山左馬ノ守末重) the place where Dainichi-nyorai-bosatsu (大日如来菩薩) was enshrined(Fujimine Sengen (富士嶺浅間))

The next is because it is the place where Dainichi-nyorai-bosatsu (大日如来菩薩) was enshrined in praying for peace in around 1204 AD by the first lord of Hinohara castle, Hirayama Saumanokami Sueshige (平山左馬ノ守末重). The place was important not only for the people of Hinohara village but for the people of neighbor villages.
 To the page


descendants of Takayasu
    Fujimine Sengen

Third is becasue there is the mound of descendants of Gen. Shukubeno-Shosho-Takayasu (宿辺の少将高安) who came to live in Hinohara valley in the Nara era.
 To the page


  参考資料 2.  檜原村へ車で行く時の参考資料




  【 写真 左側 上から 】
    ・口留番所跡説明文 ← 拡大表示をすると詳細が見られる。

  【 写真 右側 】
    ・案内地図 ← 拡大表示をすると詳細が見られる。

Copyright © 2012 Okabe & Aoki All rights reserved.
by 個人事業者、SOHO、中小企業専門 ホームページ作成サービス